First Impressions.

I started the new year with a new series of work, a new approach and as a result, a new aesthetic.  In the early hours of the morning on the day of my birthday, (Mid-life crisis? Nahhh! Just the first opportunity to get into the studio) I started making self portrait prints direct from my face using cling film as a barrier. I thought the cling film would just be a disposable by product, but remnants of paint left on the film worked in an unexpected way.  I took some of these and stretched them over painted boards and cast lumps of concrete to preserve them.  Some were layered up, creating a dense but ghostly form.  Other prints on paper and card were multi-layered, often working with wet on wet paint and some were scratched into to define the forms. The studio floor is covered with other ongoing versions, many of which will be reworked, drawn on or collaged together.